Rollers Warranty - Effective 1st January 2020
General Roller Warranty Conditions:
We the manufacturer and supplier warrant that the Sunbather Pool Cover Roller is guaranteed to continue performing the function for which it was designed (pool cover roller systems) for the warranty periods outlined below. No other function or purpose applies. The Roller is to be installed on level ground and Sunbather are not responsible for adapting the roller unit from standard, to suit site specific, uneven surfaces.
Sunbather offers this warranty to rectify, free of material charges, any defects caused solely by faulty workmanship, manufacturing, or materials only, as long as the product is subjected to normal use and service.
Subject to Sunbather's Terms and Conditions of Trade, the pool cover roller system has the following generic component warranties:
- All Stainless Steel End Frames: 10 Years
- Straps & Cords: 1 Year
- Installation: 1 Year
This warranty period specifically applies from date of invoice. (See below for specific product warranty and exclusions)
Motorised Rollers: Structural components/roller (5 years), Motors & electronics (1 Year)
Platinum Roller: End frames (10 years); All shafts, wheels, & accessories (1 Year)
Manual Commercial Roller Range (inc 114mm - 200mm shafts & custom made rollers): Structural components (10 years); Bearings, castor wheels & accessories (3 years)
Stainless Steel Range (inc 114mm - 200mm shafts & custom made rollers):Structural components (10 years); Bearings & castor wheels (3 years); All other accessories (1 Year).
Motorised Aqua Valet: Structural components (10 years); Wheel castors (3 years), motors, electronics, wiring & other components (1 Year).
Downunder Roller System: PVC Housing (5 years); Roller parts, Roller, Gear-Drive and accessories (10 years); Gear-Drive Handle (2 Years).
Seat Roller: End frames, lid and roller parts (5 years); Gear-Drive Handle (2 Years).
Exclusions to this Warranty
1. Damage or failure of equipment caused directly or indirectly from work done on the system by a person not authorised by Sunbather
2. Damage or failure due to conditions beyond the reasonable control of Sunbather
3. Any incidental damage or consequential loss caused by faulty workmanship
4. Damage or difficulty of use due to uneven ground surface
5. Damage caused by overheating above 45 degrees Celsius
6. Damage caused by Acts of God or extreme weather conditions
7. Ordinary wear and tear is not a defect in workmanship or material and is not covered under this warranty. Ordinary wear and tear is to be determined by an authorised Sunbather representative
8. Labour or travel costs incurred after the first 12 month warranty period
9. This warranty is not transferrable.
Sunbather solar Hipec warranty: HERE
How to use your Sunbather solar system HERE
Solar Warranty - Effective 1st January 2020
We the manufacturer and supplier warrant that the Sunbather HiPEC solar collector extrusion is guaranteed to continue performing the function for which it was designed; limited to heating swimming pool water. No other function or purpose applies.
Sunbather offers this warranty to rectify, free of material charges any defects caused solely by faulty workmanship, manufacturing or materials only, as long as the product is subjected to normal use and service.
Subject to Sunbather's Terms and Conditions of Trade, and exclusions mentioned below, the solar pool heating system has the following component warranties.
Exclusions to this warranty:
1. Damage or failure of equipment caused directly or indirectly by any work done on the system by a person not authorised by Sunbather.
2. Damage to metal roofs or gutters or drinking water storages caused by water leakage from the solar system, or for any other consequential damage caused by chemically treated water flowing through or from the solar system, or from rainwater ingress caused by blocked gutters or obstructed watercourses. It is the owner /purchasers responsibility to keep the roof & waterways clear of debris which may cause the restriction of the natural water flow.
3. Incidental or consequential loss.
4. Damage or failure of equipment from any pipe, fittings and parts of the solar system that run internal within house cavities or inside house walls. We strongly recommend that all pipes and fittings run external or outside of the house.
- This warranty period applies strictly from date of invoice. - This warranty is not transferrable.
- It is a condition of this warranty that the solar system be inspected annually and any faults reported within 14 days from inspection date to Sunbather.
- All Sunbather solar systems must be installed in strict accordance to the installation manual. Any variations of installation works to the manual will void warranty.
- It is highly recommended that an authorised Sunbather service- person inspect annually to ensure maximum operation efficiency.
Black HiPEC Solar Extrusion and Suntube 2 panel:
Warranted for 5 years, plus 5 years of pro-rata warranty reducing at 50% of residual value annually until expiration of the full 10 year period.
Suntube 2 panel - 10 year plus 5 year pro rata warranty reducing at 50% of residual value annually until expiration of the full 15 year period.
- Solar Pump: Sunbather pass on the pump manufacturer's warranty. Refer to your pump manufacturer.
- All Sunbather Controllers: 2 year replacement warranty. 1 year (12 months) on sensors.
- All PVC pipe & fittings, manifolds and all other related components and accessories: 1 Year (12 months). Does not include or cover any pipe work that has been buried in the ground and that is running through walls and roof cavities, or pipe work that has been altered by any other parties.
- Kwik-Lok manifolds: 3 years.
- Installation: 1 Year (12 months).
4. Colour variations or fading of solar extrusions [except black] over time.
5. Damage caused by bird, rodent, or vermin life unless otherwise stated.
6. The condition of existing equipment that may affect the correct operation of the solar pool heating system.
7. Labour or travel costs incurred after the first 12 month warranty period.
8. Damage or failure due to conditions beyond the reasonable control of Sunbather. Acts of God or extreme weather conditions.
10. Any travel, freight and/or associated costs with warranty claims.
Thermal Blanket warranty
This warranty is a month by month pro-rata warranty over 5 years for 2mm blankets and 8 years for 4mm blankets. Sunbather will compensate for the number of months that your pool cover does not achieve its intended purpose, if found to be defective in material or Sunbather workmanship (up to the maximum warranty period). The customer is liable for the months the cover has been in use.
This warranty is not redeemable for cash and can only be used as a discount on a replacement pool cover purchase from Sunbather. This warranty only applies to the original purchaser and is nontransferable.
In addition to any statutory rights the customer may have, we the manufacturer and supplier warrant that your Sunbather Thermal Cover is guaranteed to continue performing the function for which it was designed, for a minimum of 5 years (2mm) and 8 years (4mm) - Providing the product has been used and maintained in accordance with the Warranty’s Exclusions & Conditions.
It is a requirement that your cover is returned to your nearest Sunbather office and all freight costs are payable by the customer. If upon examination of the cover, we determine it to be defective in material or Sunbather workmanship, we will repair or if necessary, replace the cover with the following exclusions
- The purchaser failing to comply with Sunbather installation instructions.
- Normal wear and tear
- Any incidental or consequential losses.
- Marginal stretch or shrinkage of the material (up to 5%)
- Overheating the cover in temperatures greater than 40 degrees, either in storage or on the pool/spa
- Acts of god or extreme weather conditions. Under such circumstances we recommend that your cover is removed and safely stored
- The user subjecting cover(s) to stress conditions which may result in tears, undue creases, cuts or damage
- Water Chemistry: Pool chemistry must not exceed 2ppm free chlorine levels and pH must not range outside of 7.0 – 7.5. If shock treating the pool, ensure pool cover is off the pool to allow free chlorine to dissipate. Always follow instructions on chemical containers. Damage caused by incorrect water balance is not a manufacturing fault and will not unduly affect the thermal performance of the cover but may affect the cover’s appearance, e.g. fading or bleaching. Failure to maintain correct water chemistry levels will cause damage to the cover and fully void the warranty
- All other cover accessories including, but not limited to, eyelets, sewn edges, straps, cords, & wind skirts
- Any travel, freight and /or associated costs with warranty claims
- Proof of purchase must be supplied
- This warranty applies from invoice date
- Claims must be made to your nearest Sunbather Pty Ltd branch
- Replacements do not come with a new warranty period